K2 blackpearl Review

Has useful tools, it's very easy to use events

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use events. K2 has useful tools.

What needs improvement?

It didn't calculate the designs I needed. If a customer doesn't know what to do with the BPM tool, then they won't know how to start using the tool. It is very flexible because you can design your own main forms, but if there were some templates according to your market, it would be more useful for a new customer. That would make K2 more user-friendly and easier to use.

Perhaps they may add some different holdings, and if you carry a file which uses either shape, you can handle the document. That's not our preferred method to manage software. Perhaps they could add a simple archiving function in the software. That would be very useful.

I've been using this solution for five or six years.

We've had some problems but they solve them in a very timely manner, so even if it has a problem, they fix it. Problems are rare, but sometimes it stops and you have to check it. We didn't have too many problems but sometimes it stopped and didn't go forward.

It is very easy to add users.

We have implemented K2 for two companies, but there are four or five companies using K2. There is a common problem right now in Turkey, so it is not easy to manage software installation.

Their technical support team is very fast. They make a remote connection and help us out.

We actually don't need this solution in our own company. We have a demo platform that we implement because we are developing software, so we don't need this solution. We use alternative management stuff.

The initial setup is very easy, it doesn't take too much effort to install if you know what to do. Setup time depends on what you do. For example, you can get up and running and make the system worthwhile within one week or it could last two or three months. This is a complicated question.

What other advice do I have?

It is very flexible but that also means that it has too many tools. It is hard to stop. You can do whatever you want but this takes practice to understand how to use this solution best.

If you need to integrate into anything, K2 is very useful. I advise you to be organized from the outset, before starting the project. This is very important.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten. We have examined too many workflows. Some are better, but this one is good enough.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.