Kaminario K2 Review

Straightforward GUI, no issues with performance and it is easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

The K2 has basically removed storage as a bottleneck in our datacenter. Everything comes off the K2 at sub-millisecond speed.

What is most valuable?

Speed and ease of use. The system is very quick to get installed and up and running. The GUI is very straightforward and easy to use. Performance is exceptional.

What needs improvement?

There are a few areas where the system could be improved. Examples would be that the system currently has a 15TB LUN size limit and that snapshots need to be scheduled through script API instead of the GUI. These are items that will be addressed in future firmware releases.

We've experienced no issues with performance.

We haven't needed to scale it yet.

Have not had any components fail yet. Customer service emails me when they have new firmware and they upgrade it for me.

We have used several different storage solutions. We like the K2 because of its speed and simplicity.

Deployment time from the box to LUNs presented to VMware was four hours.

We are a Kaminario VAR but Kaminario still did the implementation.

Kaminario is very competitive on price. They also have a pay per TB model.

What other advice do I have?

As with any all flash array, deduplication and compression rates are important factors in calculating usable capacity. A dedupe assessment will help a lot.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a reseller for Kaminario as well as several other storage vendors.