Kaminario K2 Review

All features are provided in the licensing. Provisioning large numbers of virtual desktops has sped up, helping push out necessary updates.

How has it helped my organization?

Provisioning large numbers of virtual desktops has sped up considerably. This helps to push out necessary updates on our virtual desktops. Turning on desktop refresh after logoff becomes more viable on a larger scale.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is the use of solid-state storage drives instead of spinning drives. As solid-state drives' price per gigabyte narrows with spinning drives, it seems to make sense to move to the solid-state technology.

What needs improvement?

The management graphical interface needs more improvement.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

I would rate technical support as 3/5.

We previously were using EMC CLARiiON and Dell Compellent. We switched to take advantage of all solid-state technology.

Initial setup was very straightforward. Kaminario sent a technician to set up the array. It took the technician about 2-3 hours.

All features are provided in the licensing. The cost of Kaminario was less than the cost of a hybrid array.

We evaluated 3PAR, Compellent, Nimble, Pure Storage and Dell EMC.

What other advice do I have?

Compare the hardware technology of competing solutions and features against the all flash Kaminario with the cost.