Kaminario K2 Review

​The primary benefit is they actually guarantee performance and capacity.

How has it helped my organization?

Image backups of our production servers that used to take hours now take minutes. This has greatly increased performance of our database and business systems, and eliminated periods of sluggish performance.

What is most valuable?

The primary benefit is they actually guarantee performance and capacity. I don’t know of any other firm that backs this up with a commitment to add hardware until the performance guarantee is satisfied.

The increased performance is many times above our previous array performance in all metrics. Integration with vSphere features is also a definite plus.

What needs improvement?

They are continuing to improve the product and support new features in virtualization, including Vmware.

Not at all. It has run without incident since installation.

No. We remain in a position to be able to scale up & out as much as we will need in the conceivable future for our company.

The technical support from Kaminario during two recoveries from power outages has also been outstanding. In both cases they had checked in and made sure the hardware was in good working order before I had time to arrive on scene.

Yes, our legacy storage array was a traditional (hard drive) array that needed to be replaced due to age and lack of technological advancement by the vendor over the years.

Setup was very straightforward, well planned in advance by the installation team, and executed without incident & on time at the agreed installation date.

As with any hardware purchase, be clear with the vendors on what your expectations are and get their commitments in writing. There were other vendors that were not as willing to guarantee their product as Kaminario.

EMC, Compellent

What other advice do I have?

Be sure to make a real cost comparison based on performance and ability; don’t just buy from someone because they’re the biggest company.