Kaseya IT Center Review

Flexible solution with excellent patch management interface. Needs improvement on reporting, ticketing system and agent timeouts.

Valuable Features:

It gives and Integrated platform for managing/maintaining, backup, security of our LAN environment. One can monitor the system from anywhere via the Internet which gives us a lot of flexibility. The Patch Management Interface is quite excellent and API is very detailed giving us lots of control over releases. I can control application execution over machines and also apply monitor sets to monitor them.

Room for Improvement:

Agent communications with the server often fails if Internet access is slow. Reporting is often not very detailed and is hard to customize. Its own ticketing system is not impressive - lacking a good UI.

Other Advice:

I had been using Kaseya since K 5.1 days and now on v6.3 managing about 300 computers/servers. Kaseya's Synthetic Backup functionality impressed me. It prevents transfer of full backups offsite thereby reducing bandwidth usage and hence controls cost. The lightweight agents do not hog up many resources. It is quite easy to integrate Kaseya alarms with ticketing tools such as Connect Wise. Other tools have much complex UI's.