Kaseya Traverse Review

We connect it to customers' end points to manage their antivirus, update patching and to perform network monitoring

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaseya Traverse as our RMM system. We connect it to customers' end points to manage their antivirus, update patching and to perform network monitoring.

What is most valuable?

In terms of most valuable features, we are happy with everything so far. Maybe in a year's time I'll have a different opinion on what can change, what can be better, but for now it's the perfect solution. It took us quite a long time to find a solution. We benchmarked it against a lot of other suppliers, as well as our current supplier, and they were more favorable with the sustainability functionality and support that they could give us.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, we are innovating all the time, as well as having a look at different avenues so that the strategy follows the structure.

I think the software is still a little bit too new to actually fully asses what it has.

As things change and as new products come in, we look at different plugins and all those things. The reason why we're using Kaseya is because it's a full solution. It's one supplier, it's plugged into a lot of things like a customer documentation system. It keeps all their setups, documents, all those types of things and it just integrates with a lot of the other tools that the MSPs use. It is very user friendly.

We have been using Kaseya Traverse since the end of November.

Kaseya Traverse is a very stable solution and very sustainable in terms of what the market wants, what is out there, price-wise and functionality features. They're quite competitive and they are always innovating.

We have about 40 people that are using it internally to monitor, and about 3,500 end points to manage in Bahrain.

We just signed a very big customer now as well, with over 1,100 users. We manage network devices and important security, as well as touching and monitoring updates. I'm quite impressed with it's GMS system, which is their ticketing system. Their functionality and everything is pretty new. I do have helpdesk managers, support managers, and installation managers that work on it more than I do. So I've been given a high level overview and demonstration on it. I haven't really had the time to work on it myself yet. I've been busy with more strategic things than the operation side.

We moved from SolarWinds because it wasn't giving us the support that we needed. Some of SolarWinds' helpdesk functionality was archaic. It didn't work with our new strategy that we wanted to go to market, in terms of monitoring and managing our customer's network equipment and their endpoints. It was time for a change on a lot of other systems, and price-wise Kaseya Traverse was very competitive.

The deployment support was pretty straightforward. They really come to the party in terms of assisting us with a lot of things that we have needed help with and so forth.

The licensing for Kaseya is on a monthly basis.

We manage the platform and they obviously look after the back end, the software itself. We get training and briefing on the actual platforms that are used. Obviously it's license is based per agent, depending on the plugins that you're putting onto it. Clients who would have an antivirus or would have an OS patching, all those types of things, impact price. And then you have the RN install to connect to the user's end device.

We are very happy with the pricing. They've given us a savings.

What other advice do I have?

At the moment, on a scale of one to ten, I'll rate Kaseya Traverse between a seven and an eight. I've seen it's functionality and everything. So when I get some more time to get into some of the other features that are available and its functionality, then I'll have a better idea. But I do know about the current functionality that we are getting versus what Kaseya Traverse BME and all the other features could give us. It's a new product, so there are different features and things work different ways.

I would never say something is perfect.

Hybrid Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Kaseya, Paessler AG, SolarWinds and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.