Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Review

Helped us prevent ATM looting

What is our primary use case?

We use Kaspersky for our cash machines, 200 of which we have around the country. We use it to control the USB ports so nobody can use them without authorization from the owner.

Currently, we implementing a new use case concerning our response when we get an alert.

What is most valuable?

In the past year, many banks have seen cases of ATM looting. We wanted to prevent that, which is why we implemented Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response. We are a bank and we haven't had any issues like the orders. Kaspersky helped us a lot. It helped up prevent unauthorized USB port usage.

What needs improvement?

I would like to integrate Kaspersky with my Log Collector SIEM. Right now that's not possible.

Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response could also introduce a way to make working in teams more accessible. At the same time, it would be interesting to see them explore artificial intelligence solutions.

I have been using this solution for two years.

My impression of the stability of this solution is good. We have not had any issues with stability.

We have not had any performance issues and our board really likes the solution. Our facility and technical support teams use this solution as they manage the cash machines.

I think they are good and we haven't had any problems with them. We haven't had any critical issues that would have required us to call the US technical support of US; we have only been in touch with local technical support.

We previously used Sophos, Crowdstrike, and Microsoft Defender. The most important reason we transitioned to Kaspersky is the agent that is installed in the end points on the cash machine. The Kaspersky agent is really soft. With the others, we noticed that their agents would stop, so that made a big difference.

We used three or four people to deploy and maintain the solution.

Our current monthly costs are $1,000.

What other advice do I have?

You have to be really informed about the process of using this tool before deploying. With our use case with the cash machines, for example, implementing the white list could have been really hard work for us if we had not had previous experience with it.

More Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response reviews from users
...who compared it with Carbon Black CB Defense
Find out what your peers are saying about Kaspersky Lab, Fortinet, Microsoft and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: May 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.