Kaspersky Endpoint Security Review

Offers a straightforward setup, has excellent integration with the app directory, and is easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint protection within our organization.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers many useful features.

There is excellent integration with the app directory.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

At the moment, the support of XP and Windows Server 2003 is not there. At this moment I need to support of these platforms. However, Kaspersky does not these anymore. It's one reason why I decided to change to a solution that supports XP and our Windows Server, which is 2003.

The cloud needs to be more robust. We have 1,500 users and Kaspersky has issues handling them. It's a problem.

Other solutions (such as Malwarebytes) will scan the same files or areas and detect problems that this solution seems to miss entirely. It's not as secure as we would like it to be. It misses viruses.

Right now, you need to contract another console to integrate EDR. It would be ideal if Kaspersky also offered this instead of having to farm it out to another company. It would be great if everything could be centralized on one console as well.

I've been using the solution for three years at this point. It's been a while.

I'm not sure how stable or robust the solution is. Things seem to get through. While Kaspersky doesn't detect any problems, if you run a scan on the same files using Malwarebytes, that product will find and recognize a virus, and yet Kaspersky does not. It seems that things can get through the detection system. It's not completely secure.

The cloud isn't as scalable or robust as it needs to be. It doesn't handle the number of users we have very well. We have 1,500 users on the cloud.

It seems this particular solution is dated and needs to change to new requirements.

The technical support is good for the most part. However, I contract the solution with other partners. It's not technical support within Kaspersky. I contact my vendor and they give me support. The support requests don't go to Kaspersky, the company. It's going to another company, our vendor.

We are also using Malwarebytes, and they tend to catch viruses that Kaspersky misses.

We did not find the implementation process complex. The setup was easy. It was mostly straightforward. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

More or less, this is how long it took: the consult was about four hours and the deployment of the client for 1,500 users was more or less three weeks.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We use a vendor that has assisted us with Kaspersky.

I'd advise those considering this or any other solution is to get data from the companies themselves and to do a good evaluation of the solution. They need to check how good viruses are covered and how often updated happen. Kaspersky needs to do more, for example, in this area.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten. We've mostly been happy with it, although there is some more work that needs to be done.

More Kaspersky Endpoint Security reviews from users
...who compared it with CrowdStrike Falcon
Learn what your peers think about Kaspersky Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.