Kaspersky Endpoint Security Review

Provides anti-spam, trojan/worm detection/prevention but CPU and memory usage need work

What is our primary use case?

For preventing virus spreads in our networks (servers and PCs). In my experience, Kaspersky products have comprehensive and quick zero-day response for global and local (Indonesia) threats, including spam, Trojans, worms, etc.

My environment consists of 30 servers and 200 PCs and laptops with no USB and CD/DVD media restriction. Eighty percent of all clients have internet connection without any restriction policy.

How has it helped my organization?

Decreases IT threats, incidents from outside the environment as well as internal. Reduces cost and time when handling incidents, including mitigation, restore backup, recovery, reducing/preventing file/data error caused by the threat.

What is most valuable?

Antivirus, including anti-spam, trojan, and worm detection and prevention. Kaspersky has a comprehensive virus definition update which is very helpful for threat prevention.

What needs improvement?

The need to re-engineer the source code to reduce CPU and memory usage. Other areas for improvement include a data-loss prevention solution, enhanced application control, enhanced device control, an endpoint security encryption solution, an advanced persistent threats (APT) solution, and an all-in-one solution with one pricing scheme for corporate and enterprise business needs.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it at seven out of 10. It would be an eight if they could decrease memory and CPU usage.