Kaspersky Endpoint Security Review

It has improved our performance and deployment

What is our primary use case?

Kaspersky is fairly good with endpoint management. Though, we do not use Kaspersky at our mail security levels because our mail security is done by another product that we use.

So far, performance has been okay. We just updated to the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our performance and deployment.

What is most valuable?

• The main thing for us is that we get our reporting.
  • Deployment and centralized management are essential for us because of the number of loads that we have along with the number of geographic locations where we are based.
  • If any policy has been breached, it will send you a report.

What needs improvement?

• I would like to see machine learning and AI as added features.
  • It would be nice if they had a separate email security solution (instead of only their cloud edition), similar to what Forcepoint and Trend Micro have.
  • I would rate their encryption as a one out of 10. It needs a lot of improvement.
  • There are some features built into Kaspersky that do not work at all, so we have to use other products instead.

Three to five years.

It is a fairly stable product.

There have been some disturbances going on in the market due to potential leaking of information, but I don't think we are very much concerned about what's happening in the global space. We know our data is secure at our level. We backing up our data and it is doing its job

It is a scalable product. We have been able to create a number of groups where we were to allow policies and deny policies. Another solution did allow us to do this, but we found it was not user-friendly.

The technical support is not very good. I think my mind fixes things before they get it together. I would rate the technical support as a three or four out of 10.

In the past, we went with Trend Micro. It was okay, but we needed a change, and we opted for Kaspersky. It had a lot more features from an endpoint management standpoint. We found it better in terms of deployment. Normally, with the other solutions, we would face issues with deployment.

The initial setup was not a problem for my team.

The vendor came in to help initially, but in the end, we set it up ourselves.

I don't think it is a good product from a support standpoint.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

1. The product should work and do what it promises.
  2. The vendor and product should have a roadmap.
  3. Support.