Kaspersky Endpoint Security Review

Cost-effective solution for endpoint protection

How has it helped my organization?

This solution hasn't really been improved any functionality on the organizational level except that there are no complaints related to the endpoint protection. With the new update, they have incorporated some advanced protection and behavior detection. We have gained advanced threat protection without investing more into it.

What is most valuable?

According to my security engineer, Kaspersky essentially protects the devices. Before Kaspersky, we had other solutions that always had some problems with phishing, malware, and other threats. After using Kaspersky, we never have those issues.

Prior to using this solution, we also had performance complaints from users. Now, with Kaspersky, we never have performance issues. I would say it is the protection. Yes, there is the ability to protect against normal malware and the performance of the endpoint. It doesn't degrade any performance while working.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more forensic features. For example, if we are hit by an attack, I would like to have tools to investigate what kind of attack, who has attacked, how it was attacked, and what we could do to stop this kind of attack in the future. I would like to have more forensics capability built into Kaspersky.

On a scale of one to nine, I would give this solution a nine. It is highly stable. It is live, and constantly updating and stable.

In terms of scalability, I would not give it such a high rating. I would rate it a four out of ten. If I want to scale beyond, let's say 500 times, then I will have to read, and do my back-end. It does not have the architecture or structure to scale up.

The initial setup was not easy. We had to consult a help-desk during the process.

It is a cost-effective product.

We switched to Kaspersky because we had issues with other solutions. There were performance issues amongst other things. We switched to Kaspersky because we researched other opinions.

Because of our security information, it is a good idea not to have a single endpoint protection solution for a long time. It is good to change the endpoint solution, after three or four years, for example. There should be a change in the endpoint solution because, let's say, most vendors are good at forensics. They also have a forensic ability. Some of them are very good at addressing malware protection, but not forensics. Kaspersky can do both.