Katalon Studio Review

Flexible and cost-effective, but should include support for more frameworks

What is our primary use case?

This is a product that I have been using personally, rather than professionally.

Katalon Studio is basically used for automation. One of the use cases is to automate products that my company is offering to our clients. Another use case is internal automation used to make our own development more efficient.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that the browser and the API testing is available in a single tool, and I don't have to look at other options.

The flexibility that it offers is something that I like.

It supports the Cucumber BDD framework.

What needs improvement?

There is not much support offered for the free version, which is something that could be improved.

Support for more frameworks would be a really good addition to this tool

I have been using Katalon Studio for about one year.

The stability is fine.

Our use is still in the early phase, so we haven't yet looked at scalability or even how we can scale it up. There are only two of us using it at the moment.

When you have a license, the technical support is really good. However, the free version doesn't offer as much as it should. As such, we have not yet reached out to them.

The initial setup was straightforward. Once we had approval for the product, it did not take long to roll it out across the organization. I'm still building a case for it, although there isn't much in terms of roadblocks or issues.

We have an in-house team for deployment so we are thinking about doing it entirely on our own.

We are using the free version of Katalon Studio at this point.

Prior to choosing Katalon for testing, we were looking at Selenium and Telerik Test Studio. Katalon offers the free version, which allows us to play around with it. Also, the API and the mobile features are attractive.

What other advice do I have?

With respect to the free version, it is a product that I would recommend. However, at the enterprise level, I would have to evaluate the support and see what they have to offer with the licensed version.

Overall, this is a good tool but at this time, the support is something that I would like to see improved.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More Katalon Studio reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with SoapUI Pro
Learn what your peers think about Katalon Studio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.