Katalon Studio Review

It scales well, supporting the execution of large test suites

What is most valuable?

1. Katalon Studio provides the team much flexibility to adapt to various situations to address a problem appropriately. There are certain test cases that can only be tested manually, but Katalon allows the team to automate as many test cases as possible.
  2. The “Debug from here” feature reduces the debugging time considerably.
  3. It produces detailed and useful logs, helping the team to detect a defect’s root causes easily.
  4. It scales well, supporting the execution of large test suites.
  5. It can be used to verify various issues, ranging from minor errors like typos to performance and stability problems of the system.

How has it helped my organization?

Before using Katalon Studio, we spent weeks to verify all test cases manually for every major build. Now, we need only several days to fully perform regression testing, reducing the time to market greatly.

What needs improvement?

While the web testing is great, we expect more from the API testing.

More than six months.

No. It's very easy to deploy.

Rarely.

Not yet.

They provide very good customer service.

Excellent, since they promptly respond to our requests.

Robot Framework. However, it required more technical involvement, so the dev team needed to join and spent time setting up before our QA could join.

In-house.

After several years using Katalon Studio, the team now already automates more than 20% of the test cases, saving much of the verification time as well as exceeding the target set when starting the test automation effort.

The tool has been completely free until now.

TestComplete and UFT. They're all costly.

2 visitors found this review helpful