Katalon Studio Review

A free tool with good functionality and reporting features

What is most valuable?

The functionality of the data is very good. You can upload and disperse data using the solution. The reporting is excellent as well.

What needs improvement?

The browsing is messy. The solution tends to rush the tests on multiple processes. That doesn't work in most cases. They need to write a different script for the same test case on the cloud and another script to run the test on Firefox, for example.

Also, in terms of reporting, in the documentation, it's mentioned that Katalon takes screenshots if the test case fails. But not on all test cases. I need to take screenshots manually.

Often, running parallel test cases at the same time doesn't work. If it launches the first test case and it tries to launch the second test case at the same time, for example, the first test case will finish but the second will not stop. A lot of people are talking about this issue on the forums.

The application is prone to freezing when it loads.

Katalon doesn't support testing of hybrid applications. It's a limitation.

I've been using the solution for one month.

In general, the solution is stable.

For one machine it's good and easy to use. With this solution, you want to limit yourself to small tests.

Technical support isn't very good. I've had problems where I couldn't find answers within the community. I've never used the ticket support system, although they do have one. I've mostly relied on the community to source answers.

We previously used Selenium HQ.

The initial setup was a local setup; I simply downloaded it from the website.

I implemented the solution myself.

The tool is free to use.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the cloud deployment model.

I would recommend the tool. For a free solution, it's very good.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.