Katalon Studio Review

User-friendly, easy to learn and use, a good regression test suite and good reporting

What is our primary use case?

I am automating my current project with web application manual testing.

It's a requirement gathering application and has lots of workflows for the user.

How has it helped my organization?

Manual testing requires a lot of manual processes and time to complete the test cycle. With the help of Katalon, the process is running more smoothly and is less time-consuming.

Regression test suit saves lots of time to complete the whole testing with inbuilt reports in PDF format.

What is most valuable?

The Keyword feature is very good to use in your test cases.

There are lots of inbuilt Keyword features already there to use, and one can write their own for use in respective test cases.

Less Java knowledge is required to write a keyword.

This solution is very user-friendly to learn and implement, and less technical knowledge is required to handle automation.

What needs improvement?

My recently-updated Katalon studio version hangs a lot and is not a stable version.

The support system should be improved in many areas such as Katalon Studio forums and the Katalon community page, where developer responses take a lot of time to reply to user questions.

Actually support response time is more than expected.

I have been using this solution for one year.

The stability is great.

The scalability of this solution is good.

Technical support for this solution is ok, but it could be improve.

I used Selenium, but Katalon is much more user-friendly.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

Dont know about that

NA

It is freeware software, so start using it.

I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Great tool to start automation, easy to learn and doing.