kCura Relativity Review

Good search capabilities and accessibility with a reliable performance

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for litigation and discovery matters to review. We host the data. We are using it to process the source of the data for review by other users. I don't actually review the documents myself.

How has it helped my organization?

It's definitely a useful tool for more robust-sized cases.

What is most valuable?

The searching capability of the product is definitely very valuable to our organization.

The accessibility is excellent.

The ease of navigation from dock to dock, and that kind of usability, is quite helpful.

The stability has been very good over the years.

What needs improvement?

The price per user could be improved. We'd like for it to be more affordable.

I've been working with the solution personally for the last five or so years. It's been a while.

The stability is excellent and the performance is very reliable. In the years I've used it, I only ran into maybe one incident of it having access issues. That's very good in my opinion. I'm quite satisfied with it in that sense. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches.

I'm not sure how many users are actually using it in our organization.

We do not have plans to increase usage at this time. We're pretty happy with where we are.

I can't speak to what was used previously, although it is possible there was something else in the past. The company has been around for a very long time. I'm sure that there probably was another solution, however, the specifications on exactly what it was I don't have knowledge of.

I cannot recall the deployment process. I don't have any information in terms of how long it took to actually implement.

We don't have anyone on our end that is assigned to maintaining the product.

I don't have exact numbers. I would assume we likely see an ROI or we probably wouldn't still be hosting it or dealing with it. That said, I don't have access to the exact data.

You are charged per user. It can get pretty expensive if you have a lot of users in your organization.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using or the deployment method.

For Relativity specifically, it is more of a tool for large cases. If you have, more often than not, a caseload that is small, you're going to be producing PDF formats and stuff like that, and Relativity is probably more than what you would need. I would advise those considering the solution to definitely take a look at what types of cases they have and if the company doesn't have large data sets and format expectation of standards deliveries, then it's probably not something that it would need.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite happy with its capabilities.

Find out what your peers are saying about kCura, Recommind, LexisNexis and others in eDiscovery. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.