Kemp LoadMaster Review

Easy to manage from a single place, and the customer support is both good and responsive

What is our primary use case?

Kemp LoadMaster is used in our server for load balancing. Our organization produces software for public sectors like Transport, Healthcare, and Banking system. For continuous service and support, we need to run our system with high availability and avoid failures. Thus, the Kemp LoadMaster helps us to give continuous service to reach and is accessed by our clients.

How has it helped my organization?

Kemp LoadMaster is the easiest server maintenance application that gives you a high-performance virtual Load Balancer and a Reverse Proxy. It helps to enable the firewall to secure all servers, including setting up virtual IPs.

What is most valuable?

This product has good network management for command-based operating systems like Linux.

Managing and maintaining multiple servers is done in a single place.

Most of the networking commands are accessible with the UI, including complete tasks such as closing or opening ports. This makes it simple and clean.

Major roll-on load-balancing with multiple servers and a security layer with VIP gives more security for our servers.

What needs improvement?

Have a better UI can attract more customers.

Multiple SSL uploads for a single VIP can be added in the future.

Prices on their maintenance plans should be reduced, as it would be better for the users.

It doesn't run well in Hyper-V or at least, it didn't when I bought it. I really don't like the way the logs are presented in the software. A lot of the information in the logs is only meaningful to the Kemp Support Team.

We have been using Kemp LoadMaster for more than two years.

The technical support is really great and they respond quickly. The people at Kemp were very kind and I got always a proper response. I really want to thank my technician for taking care of my issue, as well as the quick replies.

As for now, things are good and I give lots of thanks to the support team.

We did not use another similar solution. There is no alternative advice; we heard that Kemp is the best load-balancer.

The setup cost and pricing plan is reasonable and will ultimately give you a worthy return.

We have evaluated NGINX, but because of the great support, we have decided on Kemp LoadMaster.

What other advice do I have?

I need to work on the Kemp cloud-based product, as I don't have experience with it.

Microsoft Azure
More Kemp LoadMaster reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Kemp LoadMaster. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.