Kemp LoadMaster Review

Allows for the growth of other virtual services with no issues at all

What is our primary use case?

We use it to load balance our ADFS serves. We also have it set up at our DR location when we need to switch over to DR. We have it set up and just flip the server over and since we have it set up at DR, once the IPs are swapped to the new DR IP range it picks up and starts working in our DR location.

We also use it for our main application. We have multiple app servers that people log on to which allows us to keep the logins spread out among the servers. And if we need to take one down we can force the user to one server.

How has it helped my organization?

It was a total mess using the Windows Load balancer, it was not easy to work with. Switching to Kemp has made our lives so much easier. We can now swap machines and users around based on the needs if something goes up and or down. We are allowed to take machines up and down as we please. We can also take machines to DR and use the same thing at our DR location. It has improved our DR and emergency issues and almost eliminated it. It's hard to believe we can cut it down to almost no time. Kemp has made it so much easier. I would recommend it.

What is most valuable?

The feature that allows us to easily disconnect a server when we need and bring back online is the most valuable. It's a click of a button. This allows us to keep all systems up. We can then run updates, perform reboots whatever we need to one of the servers without taking production down.

In the old days, we had to kill both servers and reboot only at a certain time. Now, we can do it as we please, and when the server comes back up, we check to see if the green button shows and we move onto the next. This feature allows us to do work and keep things running.

What needs improvement?

It works well, we really can't think of anything to make it easier They have templates that you can import that do most of the work for you anyways.

If I had to change something it would maybe be to have a little better reporting graphics that show more details in the reporting. It seems to be a little small in the graphic, and I'm not sure if possible but maybe a GUI page that one can use to monitor if any server goes down. And not sure a full login, so we can login to another page if something happens. Besides better GUI things i'm not sure.

We have had it for about 3+ years.

They run with no issues, the only time we had issues was when the user rebooted by accident. The product runs with little overhead to servers.

Allows for the growth of other virtual services with no issues at all.

Anytime we have issues they are quick to respond and we are giving a tech that knows the answer. We are not handed off to level 1 and then level 2 two days later. They know their stuff from the get-go.

Microsoft LB and was recommended by a Vendor we used for a project.

The setup was straightforward, support was a dream to work with.

Kemp PS helped and they were amazing,

Not sure about exact numbers but the time and effort we don't spend dealing with it, makes up for it.

You won't need anything they offer great support and licensing was super easy.

The only thing we evaluated was what level we needed for our needs.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend Kemp to all, product works great and makes jobs easier.

More Kemp LoadMaster reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Kemp LoadMaster. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.