Kerio Control Review

What is our primary use case?

We use it as the primary UTM for the whole company.

How has it helped my organization?

The statistic feature enables us to better use bandwidth management. We monitored the use by mobile, type of application, department, and by users. The bandwidth was solid. Our internet speed is optimized for our research.

What is most valuable?

The statistics feature is the most valuable feature. The active host feature, "Live," enables you to monitor every host and every connection. The statistics show you a full brief of every user, every type of connection used, and the total bandwidth used. It is a very powerful feature.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to add more security features.

It's very stable, and updates are frequent.

In terms of scalability, it's actually more for a small to medium-sized business. It's not very scalable.

We currently have over 50 users. The users are in different departments. It's a whole network; we have the admin department, accounting department, finance, technical department, and support department. Everyone is using it. It's the main UTM of the network.

It's the main UTM of the network so it's the internet firewall. We use it every day, every minute.

We've never had to use their technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's the most user-friendly UTM out there. The deployment was very fast, less than half a day.

We did the implementation ourselves. It required just one person.

We see ROI on the internet bandwidth optimization levels.

It's very affordable.

Every year we evaluate other options like Sophos and Kaspersky.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to somebody researching this solution is to check all the features. Some of the most important features of this program don't exist anywhere else. Especially the statistics.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.