Kerio Control Review

Provides a Pre-Filter to Scan Email Messages Before They Get to the Email Servers

What is our primary use case?

We resell Kerio Control to other businesses. We use the virtual appliance model. The device is used for direct management.

How has it helped my organization?

Kerio Control protects our email servers. The product provides a pre-filter to scan the email messages before they get to the email servers.

What is most valuable?

All of the features of Kerio Control are equally good. The most valuable to us are the firewall rules, the intrusion detection system, and IP address features.

What needs improvement?

Kerio Control has just improved on their biggest problem, which was to introduce better support for high-availability requirements in production.

More than five years.

Kerio Control is very stable.

The scalability of Kerio Control is limited, but they also market it as such. It's not an enterprise-class product, but they don't claim that it is.

Kerio Control is for small enterprise businesses with various clients. It can support an organization of up to 300 general users, remote developers, and trained workers.

For deployment and maintenance, Kerio Control requires just one person. I tend to increase my usage of the product as time goes by, as well as the number of support clients.

I have never had to use Kerio's customer support services.

I did use other solutions previously. I switched because they suddenly made the Kerio Control license end-of-life.

The setup of Kerio Control is very straightforward. The initial implementation is about three hours, with various points of review. We are a managed service provider, so there are ongoing reviews and adjustments for the clients.

ROI is difficult when you've got a "not for resale" version of Kerio Control. It's a total cost of ownership and further investment. The product is brilliant. I don't know how much value you can add on to it, but the cost point of the Kerio is much lower than the bigger vendors.

The version of Kerio Control that I use is a "not for resale" unit. I get the product for free. There is an additional cost for the annual software licensing which depends on which model you have and the number of users.

The Kerio Control license has a varying cost, but generally, it's around £300 a year.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Kerio Control a ten out of ten points overall.