KeyedIn Projects Review
It provides a manager with real-time visibility of a portfolio of projects, but your security settings may unnecessarily complicate the system administration.

Valuable Features

Online access, custom reports, ability to limit access.

Improvements to My Organization

Provides a manager with real time visibility of a portfolio of projects.

Room for Improvement

Simplifying the system administration function. Enabling single sign-on.

Use of Solution

3 years

You just need to think carefully through the security settings you wish to have. If you are overly ambitious then you can unnecessarily complicate the system administration.

No but you do have to pay for licences as you add more people.

Very good - Always there when you need it (especially in UK).

Very good - Responsive.

Yes, Tenrox but KeyedIn is a broader and better solution.

It was more complicated than it needed to be, but with a KeyedIn implementation manager it was not an issue.

Implementation Team

Used an in-house team supported by vendor's implementation manager - I strongly suggest this as an optimal way forward.

ROI

We do not evaluate the ROI - It is a practical and useful tool which benefits both us and our clients.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Ensure licence costs are reasonable by benchmarking with comparable providers. Do keep an eye on day rates for consultancy support as they can be quite high.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, Project Place, Tenrox, and various others.

Other Advice

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I use KeyedIn for all the employees in my organisation but as we are a consultancy we also advocate the use of KeyedIn to our clients. We are not a reseller of the KeyedIn software. We consult clients on their requirements and customise the underlying KeyedIn software so that it is of optimal use to our clients from a project management perspective within a procurement context.