KeyedIn Projects Review

It provides a manager with real-time visibility of a portfolio of projects, but your security settings may unnecessarily complicate the system administration.

What is most valuable?

Online access, custom reports, ability to limit access.

How has it helped my organization?

Provides a manager with real time visibility of a portfolio of projects.

What needs improvement?

Simplifying the system administration function. Enabling single sign-on.

3 years

You just need to think carefully through the security settings you wish to have. If you are overly ambitious then you can unnecessarily complicate the system administration.

No but you do have to pay for licences as you add more people.

Very good - Always there when you need it (especially in UK).

Very good - Responsive.

Yes, Tenrox but KeyedIn is a broader and better solution.

It was more complicated than it needed to be, but with a KeyedIn implementation manager it was not an issue.

Used an in-house team supported by vendor's implementation manager - I strongly suggest this as an optimal way forward.

We do not evaluate the ROI - It is a practical and useful tool which benefits both us and our clients.

Ensure licence costs are reasonable by benchmarking with comparable providers. Do keep an eye on day rates for consultancy support as they can be quite high.

Yes, Project Place, Tenrox, and various others.

What other advice do I have?

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I use KeyedIn for all the employees in my organisation but as we are a consultancy we also advocate the use of KeyedIn to our clients. We are not a reseller of the KeyedIn software. We consult clients on their requirements and customise the underlying KeyedIn software so that it is of optimal use to our clients from a project management perspective within a procurement context.