Keysight Oscilloscopes Review

Their software and hardware are integrated, but I would like more accuracy, particularly for multiport measurements

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for R&D and production testing. We currently have a few models. We have a 26 gig with 32 ports. We also have 40 gig and 67 gig models.

I'm an SI engineer. We use Keysight equipment almost six hours everyday, making a lot of measurements.

How has it helped my organization?

Their software and hardware are integrated, so we don't have to spend a lot of time processing the data.

What needs improvement?

I am not really impressed with the GUI since it has not changed in almost 20 years (since I first began using the product). While the GUI part is okay, I can live with it. I would like more accuracy, particularly for multiport measurements.

More than five years.

Sometimes, it's quite hard to get the technical support to come onsite. If we run into a hardware, measurement, or software issue, we may have to wait a long time for them to come.

We have been with Keysight for many years.

We just upgraded our system from 40 gigahertz to 67 gigahertz. We just recently bought one.

The major factor influencing the decision-makers is the price.

Keysight is one of the very original companies who developed measurement equipment, so we've been stuck with them for long time.

What other advice do I have?

We are doing high-speed copper cable measurement at about 112 gigabit per second requiring bandwidth at about 40 to 50 gigahertz.

The majority of our products are connected devices.

We are currently using it for 56G ANSI, 56G PAM-4, and 112G PAM-4. These are our three main signals. We are utilizing the full bandwidth of the product.

Keysight equipment is very popular.