Keysight Oscilloscopes Review

It can capture the jitter very quickly and provide some statistical analysis

What is our primary use case?

I'm using Keysight VNA, Oscilloscopes, and Spectrum Analyzer. The oscilloscope is mostly used for Keysight because they have a very high resolution and very high memory digs. They also can capture the signal reading at a very high signal read. We regularly go to 100 gigabits so we can capture a lot of signal for Keysight.

How has it helped my organization?

They changed a lot of the workflows, especially for the statistical analysis. They provided simplicity in the design, and we can ask for we want in futures designs. The statistical analysis is very good in the Keysight software.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is very user-friendly. You can use a lot of functions in their scope and will provide them for you. You can update the scope's software by asking Keysight to update the software when you want.

The jitter management from Keysight is very smart. It can capture the jitter very quickly and provide some statistical analysis, which is awesome.

What needs improvement?

Signalling integration has room for improvement.

I would like more customized functions, so we can do the programming and definitions ourselves. There is an automation flow to capture this signal, and we would like to do this ourselves. If we could get a lot of the data automatically, then maybe we could get some machine learning stuff.

More than five years.

We are measuring many signals in one system (approximately 100).

With some features, you cannot use them as you want because the product is very specialized.

We have upgraded the scope and Keysight has given us more solutions.

If I need technical support, I can contact the account manager or architectural engineer for information, and they will give me support very quickly.

I have always used Keysight.

Most people use Keysight. but some people use Tektronix, Teledyne, or Rockworth, because they have other needs. For example, Teledyne provides more high resolution scope, and for Rockworth, their spectrum analysis is very easy to use. Tektronix is very good at end log power management.

We did a trial of Keysight before purchasing it.

What other advice do I have?

We always are sharing this solution with our peers and colleagues.

The solution is targeting high-speed serial applications. For high-speed signal designs, you need to get the eye diagram beautiful.

The learning curve of the solution depends on the quality of the material. Some things take a day or two to get acclimated, and others take a year or two.

I am working on some larger devices, so I don't plan on using it for IoT. Though some of our department using it for IoT, I don't have any details.