Keysight Oscilloscopes Review

The accuracy, embedding, and calibration system are all key features for us

What is our primary use case?

We use it mostly for experimental measurements.

The space we use it in is high-speed and some instances of 5G as well. But we use it mostly for high-speed serial links. We are mostly measuring signal integrity and S-parameters. We're not using full bandwidth yet. We're still at lower speeds, but very soon we may be using the full bandwidth.

We use it to support connected devices as well. I can't go into details, but it's part of the internet of things. In my company we are trying to create a connected world. That is one of our main goals. There are different products located in different places and we want them all to be connected. This can definitely be useful to design and to include them.

How has it helped my organization?

We have done some measurements and also correlated with simulation and we were able to obtain a good match, so that's a good indication of the accuracy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features include the

• accuracy
  • embedding
  • calibration system.

Also, the user interface is nice. It describes the output well, so it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the possibility of interacting with the software, new features for software post-processing. For example, once you're done measuring, it would be nice to be able to generate some data starting from the measurement data.

Technical support is very good. We received onsite support when there was an issue.

We didn't switch. Even in my previous company we were also using the same type of instrument, the same company. It was a little bit different application, different model, but similar.

It would be good if it were a little bit cheaper, of course.

The product is really satisfying. There are very few companies that they do the same, so there are not too many competitors. Keysight is very well known in the industry, in terms of accuracy and support. There are a few, but not too many, that you can choose from.

We did not do a trial beforehand in this case because we already had the VNA all over and we wanted to expand the bandwidth.

What other advice do I have?

I would certainly recommend that colleagues use the same solution for their application.

I don't remember at the moment which model we're using, but it's the one with the highest bandwidth for the VNA.

There is a little bit of a learning curve but it's not too difficult because there is good support. I had some previous experience and it took me a few days to start and then, to get a little bit more familiar, took a few weeks.

In terms of field-upgradability, there a possibility by changing the software to add new features and we want to take advantage of that. For example, I know that the VNA can be also a spectrum analyzer, so we want to try to take advantage of that without buying another instrument. It will enable us to use it for two purposes.