Keysight Oscilloscopes Review

Helps us ensure our materials' performance and DKDF measurements

What is our primary use case?

We use Keysight VNA to make sure of our materials' performance and DKDF measurements.

It's mainly for 5G and high-speed, high-frequency systems. VNA can be used in multiple ways. Right now we are using it to characterize our materials. But in the future, we want to make some devices, like antennas or circuits, using our materials and measure them using VNA. It has a lot of capabilities.

For us, it's mainly RF signals. Typically, we measure about 40 gigahertz or so. We are not currently using the full bandwidth but we expect to in the future.

How has it helped my organization?

The measurements that the network and laser do are very important for us because DuPont is a materials company and we need to know the performance of our materials at high frequencies. This is the way to measure that, using the VNA.

What is most valuable?

It can go up to a very high frequency, up to 120 gigahertz. And the user interface is really good. It's really easy to navigate.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it go to higher frequencies at the same price.

Also, we tried to connect multiple computers with a KVM switch but we could not do that using Keysight VNA. Keysight VNA comes with the PC inside it. We have other equipment as well, and we tried to combine it so that we had one monitor to control everything. With Keysight we could not do it. That's something of an inconvenience.

Less than one year.

Technical support is very helpful. They have a local technical office up here in Santa Clara. They can come anytime we call them and they'll support us.

We didn't have a previous solution, but we did some investigation with our internal DuPont colleagues and also talked to experts to determine the right solution and we selected this one.

It's expensive, but the quality matters.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend trying this product. It's a really reliable and high-performance machine.

In terms of a learning curve on the equipment, I had some training on the VNA before we purchased it, so for me training was done within a week or so. It was not really hard. But for colleagues, it took them some time to learn it.

Upgrades are always welcome. Apart from VNA, we need to purchase all the fixtures, other equipment to connect to VNA. They are very expensive tools, and that's part of upgrading what we are doing in the lab.

The solution, performance-wise is a ten out of ten. Price-wise, it's a six out of ten.