Keysight Oscilloscopes Review

Provides us with a one-stop solution, ease of use, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We use them for experimental measurements.

What is most valuable?

Since this equipment does a lot of different things, it's hard to say what is most valuable. It's a one-stop solution. It does everything we need. The combined functionality is the biggest benefit.

Regarding the user interface, since we are so familiar with it, it's easy to work with.

What needs improvement?

The biggest challenge for us is getting to higher frequencies, higher data rates. The higher-data product is always more expensive so if it could be cheaper for high-frequency measurement, that is what we would ideally want.

There is room for improvement in the upgradability of the products. When we buy a platform, we would like that platform to survive two or three generations, because it is very expensive. If they could provide a more modular type of design, so if we want to upgrade one functionality then we could upgrade that module, rather than all the equipment, that would be helpful. That modularity is something we would like to see.

More than five years.

Keysight has been very helpful, their technical support is great.

We did not switch to this product from something else. Some equipment works up to 30 gigahertz. When we started developing the newer product, which has higher frequencies, obviously we needed to buy the newer generation. When we made those changes we evaluated different vendors.

We are looking at $600,000 and it's obviously expensive, but compared to others, everybody is in the same ballpark.

It is between Tektronix, Keysight, and LeCroy. Those are the three we look at.

We did trials and learned about the features, how easy to use the products are, how consistent the data measurements are, and things like that.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to evaluate the Keysight product.

In our company we have been using the Keysight equipment for at least 15 years. We use many different versions so I do not remember specific model numbers but we use a lot of the scopes, as well as PPD.

Technology advances in this field so we are always in a learning curve because there is always new technology, new products, new features come out.

I would rate this product at eight out of ten because of the features, ease of use, and the support.