Kiuwan Review

A usable and friendly interface, and is helping to improve the quality of our development process

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider, and we are using this solution with one of our clients.

The primary use case for this solution is security and vulnerability testing. We are currently integrating this solution into our software development process.

We have a public cloud deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved the quality of the process, in general. This solution helps us to catch issues early on, and find problems that we never knew we had. This results in things being more secure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the time to resolution, where it tells you how long it is going to take to get to a zero-base or a five-star security rating.

The interface is usable and friendly.

What needs improvement?

The rate of false positives, where it reports issues that are not really issues, can be improved.

Scanning of vulnerabilities on open-source projects is not particularly useful as it is.

I would like to see better integration with Azure DevOps in the next release of this solution.

We have been using this solution for eight months.

This solution is stable.

We haven't encountered any issues with the scalability of this solution. It is fine.

There are five or six users who are using this solution actively. There are software developers, a solution architect, and a lead developer. The solution is just being incorporated into our process.

We haven't had any issues or need to engage with technical support.

We are also using SonarQube in parallel with this solution. SonarQube is a good product, but I prefer Kiuwan from a functional perspective.

The initial setup of this solution is very simple.

We performed the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this software is that we weren't as secure as we had thought. You think that you have pretty decent security until you get the tool and see where you are short.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.