Klocwork Review

It allows our team members to collaborate, but the codes between projects need to improve

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Klocwork is for static project analysis and for getting ratios.

What is most valuable?

I really like Klocwork's server client build because it allows collaboration between the team members. It takes the ratios and it has a portal where one can justify the issues.

What needs improvement?

There are many things that can be improved. The code used between projects is one of the very painful points in Klocwork. So if you are using a code and the product is shared between projects, you have to analyze the different projects just to comment if it is good or to justify it in the different projects. And the solutions they provide for the issues, are not fully correct. So this is the main issue is using the code between projects.

I have been using Klocwork for around four months now.

I think the solution is fairly stable. We've had some issues in the GUI, and even in the server portal and in the server application. We've also had issues with an outside application that is  also a GUI client. So I will say it is stable but there are some issues.

One can increase the number of vendors, so the solution is scalable. We currently have around 3,000 users.

We don't deal with the technical team directly, because we have a service line. So if I have an issue, we report to our service line and they report to the technical support team.

The initial setup wasn't complex - it was really straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be that they should determine their use case before buying the program. If they have many codes, I would not recommend it. If they have a separate project where not many codes are shared between projects, I will recommend it.

I would like to see better codes between projects and a more user-friendly desktop in the next release.

On a scale from one to 10, I rate this product a seven.

More Klocwork reviews from users