KNIME Review

Easy to use and reasonably priced, but more training material needs to be made available

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and KNIME is a product that we are working on reselling to our customers. We sell BI tools such as Tableau and many of our customers that are using these tools need to have an AI solution. They have lots of use cases for AI including, for example, those from the financial sector would like to use AI for credit scoring. We also have government clients who will have their own specific use cases.

We have not yet sold it to any of our customers because they are still using the free tools and we are promoting it based on that.

What is most valuable?

The nicest part of KNIME is that the designer tool is free.

This solution is easy to use and it can be used to create any kind of model.

What needs improvement?

We are worried about the performance when it comes to using a lot of data that has many rows and columns. On the server-side, we are not sure whether KNIME can manage or handle large amounts of data without issue. It looks like it will easily work for small datasets but we are concerned about performance as the volume increases.

KNIME needs to provide more documentation and training materials, including webinars or online seminars. At this time, it is not sufficient when compared to some other vendors.

The user interface needs to be improved because it looks quite messy and I am not very comfortable using it.

I have been familiar with KNIME for two or three years but we have been actively interested in it for less than a year.

We have not deployed the entire solution for a customer yet. However, we have been working with the design tool, which does not require deployment. You just have to download it and then it can be used for testing demonstration data.

The price of KNIME is quite reasonable and the designer tool can be used free of charge.

What other advice do I have?

Many of our customers have streaming data and want to use an AI model. We do not yet know whether KNIME will handle live-streaming and it is something that we intend to test.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More KNIME reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Alteryx
Learn what your peers think about KNIME. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.