KnowBe4 Review

An integrated platform for security awareness training with many valuable features

What is our primary use case?

I use KnowBe4 for training. I educate company staff, and as a partner of KnowBe4, I sell the subscription. I basically use some educational videos, interaction modules, and testing. Sometimes I test them with simulated phishing attacks.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable features. It's already deployed in the cloud, and you don't have to install anything. You just upload your users to the cloud and tweak something if needed. You can whitelist some servers to work with this properly. When everything is ready, you can start using the platform and its many automated features. It has a lot of best practices to educate people. It's interesting and interactive.

What needs improvement?

It could be more localized for Ukrainian users. This platform is international, and it has a lot of material in different languages, but not in Ukrainian and Russian languages. There's plenty of different content updated regularly for English, French, and German users. They have a lot more information, and Ukrainian users also want more.

The platform is divided into two separate parts, the administrator part, and the user part. The user part is localized and is available in Ukrainian, and there's no problem using it knowing only one language. But administrative parts used by cybersecurity specialists demand English knowledge. They also have few problems with the interface. It's rather user-friendly, but it's about the quantity of localized content.

I know that they are working on artificial intelligence. I think it can be useful if AI could be used to select some modules for a more automated educational process.

I'm a KnowBe4 partner, and I have been working with them for a while.

KnowBe4 is rather stable except for that very rare situation when it's not.

KnowBe4 is a scalable solution. I know companies with over 5000 users, and it's not a problem for them to use this platform.

There is a huge knowledge base, and they are very quick to support. Technical support is also provided at a very high level.

The initial setup is very straightforward. You only upload user emails, whitelist addresses, and there is this very quick integration with Microsoft products. Detailed instructions support everything. You can start using it in about one hour.

Licensing is paid on a yearly basis. You can go to the official site to check their approximate pricing. It's based on the number of users or staff. It can vary from country to country, but for Ukraine, it works as it's stated on the site.

There are four subscription levels, and the description tells you which level contains which feature. There are some features, but they are all bundled in subscription levels.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give KnowBe4 a ten.

Latest Version
Find out what your peers are saying about KnowBe4 vs. Sophos Phish Threat and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.