Kofax Insight Review

Easy to manage and archive with a straightforward setup

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to manage. It's very easy to scan and easy to archive what is scanned.

After digitizing the documents, it is very easy to reach archived documents.

The solution is now able to translate to Turkish, which is quite helpful.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved further.

It would be ideal if there were some standard forms that could be customized.

We find out customers need more indexing solutions for applications and scanned documents.

It would be ideal if there were more language options for the solution.

I've been using the solution for eight years.

I'm not sure about the stability. I've never heard complaints from clients in relation to having to deal with bugs or glitches. It's my understanding that it's okay.

I'm unsure about the level of scalability the solution can provide. It's my understanding that they made changes to the scalability of their products this year. I have yet to try to scale them.

We have five different clients using this solution. Some of them are in the electricity distribution industry.

We tend to provide any technical support to our clients. Our team understand the product very well and doesn't have trouble problem solving on a customer's behalf.

The initial setup isn't complex. It's pretty straightforward.

At the beginning of projects, our clients usually reach out to us to assist with the set up. Within a few months, typically, they can begin to handle things themselves.

The solution is not cheap. It is a bit pricey, and therefore more suited towards larger companies. They could improve their licensing to make it more affordable and/or to give more options.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner. We offer this solution to our clients.

If a company is quite sizable, we'd advise that they use this solution. However, it's not a product that is suitable for small companies. It's not an inexpensive solution. Often smaller organizations are working with constrained budgets and, if that's the case, this wouldn't be the best option. For small companies, we often suggest our own software, which is a lighter, less expensive option.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If they had better licensing to make it more affordable for smaller companies, I'd rate them a bit higher.

Find out what your peers are saying about Kofax, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.