Kofax RPA Review

Scalable, with prompt technical support, but they should include more language support

What is our primary use case?

We use Kofax for one of the OCR capabilities, where we had to wire scan some video documents and extract information from them.

What is most valuable?

The OCR is quite stable and flexible. It was able to recognize hundreds of items in some of the use cases.

At times it was equal to ABBYY. ABBYY is definitely a leader in OCR from what I understand, although I haven't worked with it.

They also have good integration tools.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them further enhance the OCR, specifically in the multi-language support. We had a document in Japanese where there was a bit of a struggle. If that could be corrected in the new release that would be good.

I have been in the RPA space for five years.

In most cases, we are using the latest version.

It's stable to an extent.

It's a scalable product.

In my organization, there are close to 100 automation processes.

Technical support is quite prompt. I haven't had any issues.

If I wanted support from Kofax or Automation Anywhere, both are good and respond promptly.

I have worked in UiPath and Automation Anywhere.

I was not a part of the installation. It was done by the infrastructure team.

The number of staff that it requires for deployment is dependant on the scale you want it to be. For example, the current team that is working with Automation Anywhere has a team of 20 developers and four admin teams.

Price is not a problem, because they are a competitor and we have a special rate.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It's a good product.

We are not using the latest version, we have yet to migrate, but it is serving our purpose. I don't see any major issues.

In regards to integration, they are improving constantly and adding more connectors, which means integration is working well.

I don't have any issues with security or stability.

If I have to integrate with any other applications or tools, the partnership has to be established. For example, if you have to have a connector with Veeva Vault or SAP, the connector should be available.

The partnership or third-party should be available with that tool.

Technically, they have connectors with several other third parties. There could be exceptions.

I would rate Kofax RPA a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Kofax RPA reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Learn what your peers think about Kofax RPA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.