Kofax RPA Review

Good pricing with very helpful technical support and an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for our banking clients based in Brazil and Latin America.

What is most valuable?

The solution is excellent for consulting websites. It helps make it possible to send information. They make it possible to download the solution or allow clients to upload files.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The configuration of the product is very fast and easy in comparison to other options.

The pricing of the solution is quite good.

The product has been very stable.

The solution can scale.

Technical support is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

The HR and IT areas of the product need to be improved. Right now, they are lacking. They need to be modernized. More logistics should be involved.

The process discovery could be a bit better.

The product needs to develop a web version of the solution.

I've been using the solution for more than seven years at this point. It's been quite a few years since we started using it.

The stability is quite good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. You can have anywhere from one to 20 robots on one machine.

Our clients vary in size. Some are smaller organizations. We also work with larger companies.

Typically, you only really need a few IT people on the solution. It's not meant to be accessible to the entire employee pool.

Technical support from Kofax is very good. We also offer support to our clients. We're the first level of support, and if the problem is something deep in the system, we would get Kofax involved. However, largely, we can handle any troubleshooting that the clients need. We've been quite satisfied with the level of support provided so far. They are very quick and quite knowledgeable.

The initial setup is fairly simple. It's not too complex. Everything is handled on their end. You simply need to pick the style and configuration you want and the product is delivered to you according to your specifications.

The deployment process typically takes about three months. Normally you have to do discovery and map the processes before making the configuration and delivering the final solution.

There isn't a lot of maintenance required. You only need one or two people to deploy and maintain everything.

We are capable of implementing the solution for our customers. However, the solution is delivered according to a client's specifications from the company itself.

The solution requires that you pay upfront for installing the product on sites. It may be a bit different of a setup if you go with a cloud or SaaS version, however, we use the on-premises deployment. You do pay separate amounts for different areas of the solution.

The pricing is very good in the region. It's very competitive.

We have looked at UiPath and Automation Anywhere. There are the main competitors to Kofax in Latin America.

The main difference between the solution is that Kofax is much more centralized. It has a Wizard and a robot that help with the configuration as well.

What other advice do I have?

We both sell and implement the solution for our clients.

We're using both versions 10 and 11 at this time.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been quite satisfied with it overall.

More Kofax RPA reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Learn what your peers think about Kofax RPA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.