Kofax RPA Review

Reasonable price, good ability to script information from websites, and reasonably easy to manage on a server-based deployment

What is our primary use case?

We spider information from a variety of websites and create reports, which we use internally for competitive purposes.

What is most valuable?

The ability to script information from websites is most valuable. It also seems to be fairly robust and reasonably easy to manage on a server-based deployment. We have a number of robots operating on the central server.

What needs improvement?

We are on version 10.6, and the current version seems to be 11. Kofax is cycling the capabilities of the product very quickly. One of the difficulties has been to actually keep up with the capabilities as they've evolved. On the one hand, it is good that the product is getting better, but on the other hand, it is difficult to implement the best way with a product that is evolving constantly.

I have been using this solution for probably about three years.

It seems to be fairly robust.

We are a very small company. There are only a few of us in the company, but all of us use the output in various ways.

Their technical support is good. Because they're putting a lot of resources into R&D development and quickly deploying the product, when you actually raise a case with them, their support people are able to directly interface with the technical people and come back with an answer pretty quickly.

It is fairly easy to set up as a product.

Its pricing is reasonable given the product capabilities. Kofax has a wide range of products, and it can sometimes be confusing to understand which capabilities come with which product set. One of the key facets that we've been looking into recently is cognitive document recognition that was a core pile of some of their other technologies such as Kofax transformation modules (KTM).

What other advice do I have?

We are using it in a fairly niche way to do web research. We have had some experience of doing internal robots, etc, and we had some experience of actually doing some implementations with larger organizations that we work for. The major observation we've made while automating routine tasks via a macro model is that in long term, they can be difficult to automate with complex systems like SAP because the base system has many different routes through the forest. When you do an RPA implementation, you may automate one route through the forest, but you then find that there are multiple routes that can diverge from that, so an initial project or initial robot spec can actually grow far beyond your initial expectations.

I would rate Kofax RPA an eight out of ten. In general, we've found it to be very functional and quite good. They seem to be offering features on newer instances faster than what we can absorb. There is feature overload, and possibly other RPA vendors are in the same area because the market does seem to be quite solid.

10.6
More Kofax RPA reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Learn what your peers think about Kofax RPA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.