Kofax RPA Review

Very good drag and drop functionality but needs orchestration and needs to offer more scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to automate a process, be it in any middle office, back office, center office or IT office. It covers all four quadrants.

What is most valuable?

I haven't been exposed to the solution on a micro-level. Our senior technicians would be able to better answer the question about valuable features.

The pricing is quite good.

Kofax has already had the capabilities in terms of the OCR performance so that's one of the strong features.

The drag and drop functionality is quite good.

The solution allows for integrations, which is quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

I've noticed that no solution, including this one, is trying to automate very simple processes. There are always exceptions and special cases involved in regards to how you can handle these instances. It requires a kind of deep understanding of how to utilize these features and it's not very straightforward as of right now. The documentation could be stronger.

The solution should add orchestration into its next release.

The solution needs to be scalable.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The stability has been hit and miss for us. We've installed the solution in a couple of places. In one place it's not great but in other places it's fine.

The scalability depends on the business case of the client. If it's the right process, to get automated, it is always scalable. If it's the wrong process, there will be limitations.

We largely work with small scale enterprises.

I've never reached out to technical support, however, I'm sure my team has. I haven't heard of any issues, but I can't speak to how technical support operates.

Before using Kofax, we used a solution called Topline.

The initial setup has a moderate amount of complexity. Deployment took a couple of days.

It took a maximum of two people to handle the rollout. Since we are a startup; we jointly set the responsibility in our work zone so it was handled by the senior developer having the entire responsibility of installing this solution. They are the first person to get their hands on the system.

Maintenance of the solution after the initial setup takes two people.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

There aren't any costs over and above the standard fee. Generally, we do our licensing from India due to cost constraints.

What other advice do I have?

I am a co-founder of a tech company. We are into robotics process automation, as well as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science. So we've been working on across multiple tools available in the market, be it the top front lineup, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, Kryon, WinAutomation, etc.

I'm not an end-user of the products; my team is around me to pick up on capabilities and learn how to apply them in terms of solving automation issues. We have been working very closely with three or four prominent players in the market and we have the capabilities in house to handle our client's needs.

In that last six months, we've been working with the latest version of the solution.

We use both public and private cloud deployment models, depending on the client's needs.

The solution is really good and it's rather budget-friendly.

I'd recommend the solution if it looks like it will fulfill your organization's objective.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten. We're not really happy with the outcome of one particular complex process. For rather straightforward cases, I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.