Kofax RPA Review

A stable solution for service desk processes, but better education is needed and a community should be formed

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is a solution that I was working with for one of my clients. They are conducting a comparison of products, doing a proof of concept for each one.

The Kofax RPA is being tested to help with service desk operations.

What needs improvement?

Kofax needs to create a community where developers have the opportunity to donate to it.

The education surrounding this solution should be better. It needs a free training portal for anybody on the internet to use so that they can get an idea of what the possibilities are.

I have been working with Kofax RPA for a few months during a proof of concept.

This is a stable platform and we did not encounter any big problems.

As far as I know, given that it is cloud-based, it is scalable. It depends on how you structure your organization, and whether you have a Center of Excellence that is capable of deploying and scaling the solution.

This is something that we have not yet reached in the evaluation but we are discussing it at the moment.

I have not yet been in touch with technical support.

The initial setup was very easy for the Kofax engineer.

It took them about two weeks to deploy and then implement that process. It was approximately the same length of time for UiPath.

This solution is best installed by a specialist and my clients had the help of Kofax engineers.

My client is concurrently evaluating UiPath with a proof of concept for HR processes. I have also worked with Blue Prism.

The evaluation has not yet completed but the outcome will be the selection of either Kofax RPA or UiPath. My role is to give them advice on which of the two of these solutions will best suit their environment.

The most important factors are ease of deployment, support, and education or training. In my opinion, there is not much difference in technology between Kofax and UiPath.

UiPath is building a community where developers can share work.

UiPath and Blue Prism both have different educational streams available, where one is paid and the other is available to anybody on the internet.

What other advice do I have?

In my opinion, when it comes to products and technologies, one is not better than the other. For example, even in a discussion about operating systems and whether macOS is better than Microsoft Windows, I don't think that one is superior. What you really have to look at are the requirements. Once those have been determined then it is possible to compare products and make a choice.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
More Kofax RPA reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)
Learn what your peers think about Kofax RPA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.