Kofax RPA Review

Saves us time in manual web-scraping tasks, but compatibility with Internet Explorer is needed

What is our primary use case?

We started using Kofax with a niche project some time ago, but I have been learning and using this solution to become more familiar with RPA and use that to assist me in evaluating other solutions.

Our use case is screen scraping competitive websites for pricing information.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution saves us time. It allows us to gather market intelligence and market information automatically that would otherwise be very time-consuming for a team for people.

What is most valuable?

This is a nice tool that is easy to use.

I have been writing automation scripts for our ERP system using the desktop automation element and it is a really good product. However, it is not the main body of the product.

What needs improvement?

Kofax is severely limited in that the internal browser is Chrome-based and we are unable to easily automate our ERP solution because it is exclusively Internet Explorer. This means that we can't use the main body of the tool and instead, have to do everything via the add-on desktop automation. Unfortunately, this is far less feature-rich than the main product. This is one of the reasons that we are now looking at alternatives, although if it were capable of internally automating Internet Explorer applications then it would not be a problem. Essentially, it would improve the solution if we were able to upgrade the inbuilt browser to be compatible with Internet Explorer.

We have experienced crashes, so stability is something that can be improved.

I have been using Kofax RPA for a few months. The company began with Kofax Kapow a few years ago, before it was rebranded to Kofax RPA.

We have had issues with stability. We have been doing testing and it crashes a lot. I wouldn't say that it is on a regular basis or it happens all of the time, but nonetheless we have issues with crashing and instability.

I haven't had any experience with trying to scale the product, as I have just been writing scripts in the development phase. I do know that the company has been very happy with it doing what it was intended to do. At the moment, there are three of us who are using it.

I have not been in touch with technical support.

Prior to using Kofax, we did not use another RPA solution.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

We pay about £20,000 ($25,000 USD) per year for licensing fees. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

We are currently evaluating alternatives in the market, looking at all of the options that are available. We would like a full-scale RPA tool.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good solution. It was bought to do a very niche task, which it does well.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Kofax RPA reviews from users