Kony Review
You can do rapid development across multiple platforms, but their technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for mobile development.

How has it helped my organization?

You can build your own customized, native, mobile applications in an efficient matter.

What is most valuable?

It is an important solution for reducing the development efforts by developing a mobile application efficiently, in a shorter period of time, across multiple platforms, such as Android and iOS.

It is stable. They do release it in patches once in a while. So if you are upgrading those patches, it is stable.

It has a high scalability. I have no issues with it.

I would rate their tech support as a seven out of 10. They need to improve their tech support's abilities. They do have a good tech support, but it still requires improvement.

The areas of improvement for tech support should be the knowledge of the person who is there handling the issues. Without proper knowledge, you have to go back and forth, even though you submitted a critical ticket. It has to go back and forth because every time a new person comes in and takes the ticket over, the person who is handling the technical things should have done basic documentation. This is so people who are taking over the case will have a better understanding rather than starting from the beginning.

We previously used a native development. With native development, the costs are high, you have to develop the Android and iOS applications separately. Kony provides a universal solution, that is why we chose it.

The Kony team typically is supposed to work with the infrastructure to set it up. They did a good job.

The price is too high. The annual cost for the Kony license is very high.  Every year you have to renew it in order to maintain it

Besides Kony, we evaluated IBM MobileFirst and native development. We chose Kony.

What other advice do I have?

You can do rapid development across multiple platforms.