Kount Review

Features a large database of fraud signals and indicators to stop fraud in its tracks

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use Kount for fraud prevention.

Our finance team uses this solution. I am a fraud and chargeback analyst.

Right now, because of the pandemic, we are not really expanding our usage with Kount, but there is definitely room for growth.

How has it helped my organization?

We avoid losses in multiple ways with Kount. We prevent bad actors from purchasing products, whether it be a digital product, physical product, or even a service. A system like Kount allows us to see all the relevant information surrounding the person performing the transaction. We can assess if they're legitimate or fraudulent and prevent them from purchasing the service or product.

What is most valuable?

In general, the amount of data that is available and on display all at once as you are looking into a specific transaction, including email addresses, names, and IP addresses — it's pretty amazing. It's an in-depth, all-in-one solution.

What needs improvement?

I would say it depends from company to company and how they are integrated; however, the rule system and automation could be expanded a little bit more. Some of the variables that we can see when reviewing a transaction are not available when creating a rule.

There could also be more variables that we could actually see when looking at the transaction model. It would be nice to be able to use all of them.

The linked network accounts connected to the specific transactions — It would be nice to be able to use that information in rules.

I have been using this solution for over five years.

Stability-wise, it's great. I've used it every day for five years, it's been very consistent and reliable. Stability-wise, I would give it a rating of 10 out of 10.

It's definitely scalable. The company I have been working for has been growing constantly with no issues. Once it's set up, within the first week you can begin preventing fraud.

The support has been great. They are easy to get a hold of and they always respond within a matter of minutes with good advice.

At my old company, I used to use a tool called Sift. It's another great tool, but I prefer Kount.

The major differences between the two solutions are how they're laid out and how fast you can gather as much information as possible. I personally prefer Kount — that's my personal preference. I've worked with both platforms for many years. I personally prefer Kount for the way that they display information and for the variety and flexibility they offer when it comes to the rules — from very simple to very complex.

Kount is better designed for catching fraud, detecting fraud, and preventing fraud. Sift is also great; you will not go wrong if you go with Sift, but I personally prefer Kount.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup. It was integrated before I started working for the company.

When it comes to the rules, we need to perform maintenance — which is one of my duties.

The figures have been great.

I think the pricing is great — I think it's totally worth what they're charging because the benefits are great.

What other advice do I have?

If you recently purchased this solution, then you made the right choice. Just get the resources that you need to integrate the software and then hand it over to the people that have experience with it to work with it. You need somebody who is capable of understanding numbers and data. That's who you want to work with. If you get the right type of people, then you can get the best results and the company will benefit greatly — that's my advice. Complete the integration and then get somebody who can manage the software.

You need someone with experience, you need to see things happening. You need someone who has a couple of years, or at least one year of experience using it every day, creating rules, reviewing documents; they need to be capable right away.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Kount a rating of nine — there is still some room for improvement. I have used a lot of proprietary tools, but Kount is probably the best. Overall, it's been great.

Learn what your peers think about Kount. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.