Kronos Workforce Central Software Review

We've been able to bring all payroll functions back in-house, although the implementation online training classes were slow.

What is most valuable?

The report feature has been a valuable asset for us. Kronos has many canned reports and we have found that they meet our needs.

Our employees enjoy the employee self-service for access to their information.

We were seeking a product that all functions could interface and Kronos has done that for us.

How has it helped my organization?

We were using an outside payroll company and decided to bring everything in-house. We wanted to own our own data for any use we wanted and instant access.

Even though we brought all functions back in-house we are actually spending less time on actual processing.

What needs improvement?

None that we see at this time. Kronos is very timely and their expertise is very good. They have a staff that keeps up with payroll changes.

timekeeping - 16 years

Work Force Central for 5 years

The only issue that we had with implementation was the on-line training classes. We felt that they were a little slow. The class has to go as slow as the slowest participant and that can be frustrating if you want to go faster.

None. Kronos is very reliable and the system has never gone down. If we need something from support, they are very timely to get it fixed.

None. Kronos adapts to whatever scale you need. One of the reasons we purchased Kronos is that we would be able to add components in the future if we needed to expand our use.

Customer service is excellent. Their website is very helpful. You can take additional training or ask questions and get immediate answers.

Out biggest delight has been how good Global Support is. They always respond in a very timely fashion, answer our situation and often spend time teaching us more about our system.

Yes, we used a payroll service. As stated before we wanted to own our own data. If we needed a specific report, we had to request it, wait for it and pay extra. Now we can generate our own reports as needed.

We wanted a total system that all functions would interact. Kronos fits that requirement.

Straightforward. My advice to anyone interested in Kronos is to make sure you know exactly what you want the end product to be and to know all your policies and procedures. We were able to save a lot of time because we knew what we wanted and could communicate that to our team. They could go as fast as we could provide them the information.

We used a vendor team. We would meet weekly for a phone conference to make sure everyone was on the same page.

All of the team members were very expert in their area. They were always professional and polite.

Unknown at this time. We were more concerned with having an accurate payroll and report function. We have been pleased because Kronos does what it says it will do.

Look at your overall cost over the life of the product. Kronos seems a little expensive at first but you will be able to use it for as long as you want. They keep the product up to date with changes as needed. We felt it would pay for itself in the long run.

We loved at a couple of others but they could not provide the solutions we needed.

We also looked at staying with our vendor and adding other components. However when we really saw the products side by side we realized that they were using the Kronos. Why not just go direct?

What other advice do I have?

Do it. You will love Kronos as we do.

Spend some time determining what you want to get from your system. They can set up some individual reports and functions as you need them to be.