Kryon RPA Review

Enabled us to automate many processes in the first year and quickly adopt automation

What is our primary use case?

We took all kinds of mindless operational processes, things we were doing over and over again and which cost us a lot of work time every day, or week, or month, and scheduled them to be automatic, with no human hand in the process.

We have a lot of examples. We make loans, although we are not a bank, for various purposes. Sometimes, people don't pay us back and the loans go to collection. We have to start all kinds of processes via lawyers, and when we transfer a case to a lawyer we have to prepare it. All the preparation for the lawyer is automatic now. All the letters for the lawyer with all the details about the loan, about the collection - everything is automatic.

Also, for each customer whose debt we transfer to a lawyer, we have feedback to our core system to update all the data in the system again. So all the data about the customer and the debt comes from the system to the lawyer, and feedback from the lawyer comes into the system. And all of this, of course, is connected to the loan itself, to the customer. Everything is aligned.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a digital company. We very quickly embrace all kinds of digital transformation. Kryon was just a part of that. We have engaged in digital transformation in many ways in our company. But the adoption of Kryon was very quick, and that is its advantage. Because it is a very quickly and very intuitively customized system, it helped us to adopt it through users who are not technical users. It really helped us to put a lot of automated processes in the system and adopt them very quickly. Now, my organization wants more. They say, "How did we live without it before?" It really helps us in our day-to-day processes, the ones that are not so complicated, not so involved, that we do over and over again.

Efficiency has increased. If robots are doing stuff we used to do, this increases the efficiency of the staff.

What is most valuable?

All our users have no technical background. But Kryon is really simple and intuitive. Our business adapted very quickly and easily. This is the main thing and it's why we love the system so much. It's why we are always trying to put more processes into the system and make more use cases: because of the simplicity and the intuitive nature of the system.

We have been using Kryon for about ten months.

Our original plan was to do something like two robots, and a few processes, but because it was such a success in the company, we expanded it. We have 11 processes. The eleventh is due to go live in about a week. Some of them are not complex, some of them are more complex. It depends on the process itself, the amount of time, the amount of integration, if there are dependencies on another system.

In terms of plans to increase usage, for now we really want to see how the day-to-day is going with all the processes. More processes mean more licenses and robots, and we have to do ROI as the next step. I would guess we'll do more, but it's already a lot to have 11 processes in a year with four robots.

We, ourselves have not used Kryon's customer support. Maybe our third-party uses it on behalf of us. I don't know.

This is our first RPA solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very quick, very understandable, very open. If we had problems, they were helpful. They assisted our third-party company. It was very easy to work with.

Deployments depend on the process. We have been working with the system for a little less than a year. After about two months, we had the first process working. It's really quick. When I say two months for the first process, that means we sat with the customers, understood what they want, how to do it. We had them test it, we launched it, we optimized it in production. The whole timeline of the process was handled in that amount of time.

We asked our organization to set the priorities. We asked for a quick win, meaning something very small and very painful, or something which was taking a lot of time. That enabled us to win their appreciation and reduce the resistance to change. Some people may look at it as a robot is replacing me. We handled this too by making them a part of the implementation process. This way, they wanted it, were engaged with it, and wanted to do more. It gave them something that they hadn't seen before. It gave them a feeling of success. It's very important, through the process, to feel like you are succeeding in doing something new in a very short amount of time. The people involved have to see we're not really replacing them, and that it actually helps them to do more, to do better, to do things that have work quality to them.

The people using Kryon are from three departments: collections, services, and operations. Not everyone is using it, because we're uploading files to the system. There a few people in each department who are doing it. Overall there are about ten people involved with it, but it services the whole department. There are the people who operate the system, and the people enjoying the fruit.

Even when I purchased the license, it wasn't via Kryon. It was through a third-party. The product is Kryon, but the customization and all the agreements and the buying process were not through Kryon. It was with a third-party.

The reseller is HMS. All our connections to Kryon are through this company. All our processes of examination and solutions were through them. We are very pleased with the job they have done, with the service. They are very good and they helped us a lot.

But these days we are transferring all the knowledge, all the data, and all the operations of the system to our people, the employees of our company, so that we will be able to do it alone. The first year was through this third-party, and we have their support. And now our main goal is to be able to do it on our own.

Kryon has saved us money. We measure in terms of people. We haven't increased our employees in those departments, and we can say that we have saved nine employees, nine people we haven't had to hire.

I would expect that in the first year there is no ROI. It has to be measured over three or five years.

I wasn't part of the process. I had a colleague who did it.

What other advice do I have?

It depends if you are doing it by yourself, with your employees or, like us, through a third- party or someone who knows how to work with the system. If you're doing it through a third-party, there is no problem and they have all the knowledge, all the data, all the know-how about how to do it. If you are doing it with your own people, training is mandatory and Kryon has it. Some kind of on-the-job training, or some kind of support, is necessary to be able to implement it quickly and the right way, because there is a right way, a way to do it properly.

Kryon was not involved in helping us find and prioritize processes that are ready for automation. We did so. They were not part of this process. We came up with the processes, we talked about them, not Kryon.

I'm not the one who uses the system every day. I'm not the one who uses the customization. We go through a third-party which does all the customizations for us. I can't tell you which part of the system I enjoyed the most, or what I'm using because I have a third party for that.