KVM Review

Provides a freedom that you do not have with other solutions on the market

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this product is server virtualization.

What is most valuable?

There is a lot of value with an open source solution because you have some freedom of changing how the system behaves and looks because it's open source. You can modify to your requirements which you cannot really do with VMware.

What needs improvement?

The management of the whole system, could be improved. VMware is better on the management tools, for example, Red Hat is when it comes to the KVM.

In addition, we would like to have a software lifecycle solution included in this solution. We can handle the software needed for KVM, but also the software that we provide. A lifecycle component would be very beneficial.

More than five years.

It is a verty stable solution.

We have over 1000 users using the solution currently.

If I were to rate the technical support on a scale of one to five, I would give it a four. We received good support and there is an on-site presence, as well.

We previously used VMware but switched to KVM because it is an open ecosystem and we see there is a benefit in open source solutions.

It's very straightforward because there are a lot of examples of how to use it.

It is cheaper than other solutions out there on the market.

We also evaluated Red Hat, SUSE, Canonical(Ubuntu), and other Linux providers.

1 visitor found this review helpful