LastPass Enterprise Review

Reduction in number of sensitive passwords stored insecurely on local systems

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for enterprise password management.

How has it helped my organization?

• It increased security around password management for teams and collaborative efforts with external vendors.
  • A reduction in the number of sensitive passwords stored insecurely on our local systems.

What is most valuable?

For our company:

• Enterprise admin console
  • Reporting
  • Integration with Active Directory

What needs improvement?

• It needs more flexibility/functionality around making enterprise changes.
  • It needs more granular admin capabilities for a global distributed company.
  • The ability to set up an account expiration limit/date would be very useful.

Three to five years.

We have had some issues, such as our 'security score bug' and various minor issues. Our biggest issue over the years was around the stability of the LDAP sync to AD. This now seems to have been largely resolved.

There are some challenges around global administration.

Technical support is generally pretty good, but they are not easy get on the phone with quickly.

We did not previously have an enterprise solution. Various groups used ad hoc systems.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward.

You do not have to purchase licenses for your entire organization. You can scale as adoption grows.

We did not evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

You should make sure you know what you are doing before you sync with AD, or you could have a mess on your hands to clean up.

See it in Action