LastPass Enterprise Review

The ability to autofill/hide passwords is good for security, but cost is a concern

What is our primary use case?

The primary use for our LastPass solution is that we have a lot of shared accounts that we have our employees use.

How has it helped my organization?

It definitely has allowed us to manage the passwords a lot better. From a security standpoint, we don't have to worry about changing passwords every time one person leaves. That is a big improvement in our productivity.

What is most valuable?

The shared folders is an important feature. It's the primary feature we use. Also, the ability for LastPass to autofill and hide the passwords, so we don't have to keep changing passwords every time a person leaves, is valuable.

Three to five years.

We have issues from time to time where, for some reason, it just keeps auto logging-out the user and then, the next day, they'll come in and it will work just fine. We have had some weird issues with that.

Scalability is fine, no issues with that, especially now that they have added different user-level permissions. That has made it a lot easier to delegate out certain features to have other people do.

I've rarely contacted their tech support, so I don't really have any feedback on it.

We did not have a previous solution for our business.

It was really straightforward to set up.

ROI is a hard thing to quantify. It definitely saves us a lot of time. I know for sure that it's worth the value of the license price we are currently paying, but that's why we have to reevaluate it with the price doubling.

The previous pricing was of good value. I don't really know, as of now, whether the new pricing is. The Enterprise license is $48 per license per year now. That is a steep increase of $24, which is what it was when we first signed up.

We have roughly 200 licenses so that double price definitely adds up pretty quickly.

We pretty much evaluated all of the solutions we needed, and because I'm a personal user of LastPass it was really easy to choose it.

We evaluated 1Password and things like it. Because we've been using LastPass for a few years now, I don't recall all of the others. But, honestly, we'll probably have to reevaluate options once our contract is up, due to the fact that LastPass did increase its price. It's double what it was two years ago, which is quite a steep increase.

What other advice do I have?

The big pro is it was one of the only ones, when I looked two years ago, that had the ability to hide passwords and autofill them, from different users. That's the big feature we've needed. That's why we went with LastPass.

I would rate it about seven out of 10. It has a lot of good features. But being the most expensive on the market definitely does not make it the best of the best, or the prime. If it had the best features and the best price, or a competitive price, it would be great. But LastPass is now probably the most expensive enterprise password manager on the market, so it's hard to give it a higher rating. But it does have a lot of good features.

1 visitor found this review helpful