Layer7 API Management Review

Stable, straightforward to set up, and has centralized management

What is our primary use case?

This product is used to expose some internal APIs to help us automate different activities.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

It is helpful to have a central API that is hosted and managed.  It reduces costs and customers, suppliers, and vendors receive a uniform interface.

What needs improvement?

The license model and the cost of licensing can be improved. Especially given that we are in a stable operational mode.

We have been using Layer7 API Management for five or six years, and we have been actively using it this year.

It has been working quite well for a long time.

It's been working for us, from a scalability perspective. It's implemented within a central group, so there are just a couple of roles that run it. The APIs we host are stable.

We are in a stable maintenance mode, so we haven't had to engage customer service/technical support for some time.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

It's a complex product, but I would say that the initial setup is straightforward.

Our in-house team handled the deployment.

We have a handful of IT admins and app admins who specialize in maintaining Layer 7

It is a pricey product, although priced to the market.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product. It's been stable and working for us, and our main difficultly is people calling out the price point on it.

More Layer7 API Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Apigee
Learn what your peers think about Layer7 API Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.