Layer7 API Management Review

It allows you to much more rapidly expose enterprise services to front-end applications, but the user experience for developers to discover and develop APIs needs work.

What is most valuable?

I'd say the API gateway that routes traffic in REST-to-SOAP conversions is a feature we find most valuable. SOAP is a type of web service, and REST is another.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows you to much more rapidly expose enterprise services to front-end applications, such as mobile and web.

What needs improvement?

The products developer portals can be better. It needs a better look and feel.

Also, the user experience for developers to discover and develop APIs needs work.

We've been using it for two years.

It's very good.

We've just started so there's not a lot of traffic yet.

They've been responsive, but they're pricey.

This is the first API gateway product we’ve used, and we looked for a vendor who has a reputation for establishing long-term partnerships.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward.

We also looked at Axway, IBM, and Mashery. We went through a long evaluation and CA's number one strength was the built-in security management features.

What other advice do I have?

As part of your evaluation, make sure that the companies can set up a proof of concept to check real situations.

More Layer7 API Management reviews from users