Layer7 API Management Review

Protects our web services from external attacks, with security and authentication

What is our primary use case?

To protect the web services, security, authentication; protect against any kind of attacks from external sites.

We have been using API Gateway for four years and we have huge class actions, like 600 parts per second, and we have not seen any issues as of now. It's stable.

What is most valuable?

Security.

We get a lot of class actions, payloads, which have real security requirements, like personal identification information. So we need to protect all of this information, make sure it is secure.

Also, we can handle the huge class actions we get from different clients.

How has it helped my organization?

It really benefits us a lot because, since we are maintaining financial information, personal identification information, we need to protect the customers' data as well as the clients' information. We can encrypt the payloads and decrypt the payloads and do SSL authentication. We can also store the files in the Amazon bucket with the encryption file.

What needs improvement?

We're integrating the cloud. I would like some more integration of cloud capabilities.

Three to five years.

Regarding stability, we have not seen any issues as of now. It's a more stable product.

Scalability is very good.

We haven't had any issues. It's more stable. We didn't even have to touch anything.

It's a more stable product and we have very good support from technical point of view, but not from a professional point of view. We have some issues with Profession Services. But technical are always good, they support us as quickly as they. They give us solutions for customers, which is really helpful.

We were using an IBM product. We switched because we had some constraints, technical issues, support issues, and some other issues like use cases.

I developed the PoC and then moved it to production.

The setup is not complex, and we got very good support from CA technical support and Professional Services. I felt the technical support was really good compared to the Professional Services.

We did evaluate other vendors but we finally chose API Gateway.

What other advice do I have?

In general when we are picking vendors, the most important criterion is support. When they can really help us we feel more confident.

I give it a 10 out of 10 compared to other products. I would definitely recommend CA API Gateway.

More Layer7 API Management reviews from users
...who compared it with Apigee
Learn what your peers think about Layer7 API Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.