LeanIX Review

Powerful and flexible tool for making good reports

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for business capabilities maps.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility in the reporting has been extremely valuable. We've been able to develop some nice looking reports and the dashboard's capability to map is very easy compared to Enterprise Architect.

What needs improvement?

The solution is limited compared to some other solutions like Enterprise Architect, which is less user-friendly, but you can do everything on it.

They should also automate support.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is quite stable.

The solution is very scalable.

I've never used technical support. I've never had any issues.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The pricing is a bit painful in the sense that it depends on the number of elements you fit in the system. The price can be expensive if you use it a lot. It will cost you compared to other solutions if you have a lot of documentation. It's hard to predict the pricing of the system.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice I would give to others thinking of using this solution, I would say that you need to be aware of what you want to achieve in terms of functionality and documentation. It has some limitations.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten. It's a good solution in the sense of what it was designed for: formulating business capabilities, application factors, and managing dashboards. It's a very powerful and flexible tool for making nice reports. However, it's not made for handling tasks such as architecture design like Enterprise Architect is.