Leiberman RED Identity Management [EOL] Review

The recovery checkout process provides an audit of when the password was used. The support team wasn't too knowledgeable about how to deploy to Mac workstations.

What is most valuable?

Password vaulting and password recovery: The encrypted password protects the clear text passwords and the recovery checkout process provides an audit of when the password was used.

How has it helped my organization?

When our field engineers logged into a workstation, they had to use the local admin password. They maintain 12,000 workstations. We used ERPM to create a new local admin account that is managed by ERPM, created a management set and defined all the workstations into the set. This saves the techs from manually changing the passwords on all those systems and provides them with the ability to recover the password (which is different from all the others) for specific systems.

What needs improvement?

Macs: The support team wasn't too knowledgeable about how to deploy the above solution to MAC workstations.

We deployed a solution where our desktop support team would use a local admin password created and managed by ERPM. There is a default local admin on each machine. We replaced it with an ERPM-created local admin account. The problem we faced was for MACs, we needed to know the current password of the default ID.

While setting up management set, we had Lieberman support on the phone and our developer was correcting most of the recommendations from their architect.

Apparently, they don't have a large MAC user base. It took a few days and several phone sessions with them before we were satisfied with the whole process so we could continue with the deployment.

Overall, ERPM looks like a good product and we are only using a small percentage of the features it says it will offer.

I’ve been using this product for two years.

We have had no issues with stability.

We want to manage DBA privileged IDs that access Oracle DBs. We have 100 DBs and 30 DBAs and there is no automated way to grant the access. Plus, we have over 1000 DBs coming into our environment. We won't be able to use ERPM.

With the exception of Macs, technical support is very helpful.

We did not have a previous solution.

I came in after the initial deployment, so I do not know about that. Setting up the management system and jobs was easy and straightforward.

Have a good roadmap defined so there are enough licenses to complete deployment and handle future growth. We had to pause our deployments until we purchased more licenses.

I came in later in the deployment, so I don't know whether any other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Schedule enough time to implement in a lower environment and test out all aspects before putting into production.