Leiberman RED Identity Management [EOL] Review

Takes passwords that are not being managed properly and manages them automatically but they should improve the application password management

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is for privileged account password management.

How has it helped my organization?

It's more of a risk reduction. It takes passwords that are not being managed properly and manages them automatically which really reduces risk.

What is most valuable?

The password management is good.

What needs improvement?

They should improve the application password management. The capability to manage high availability application passwords is its biggest shortcoming.

Three to five years.

It's stable, it's not the best in its class by any means but it's stable.

It's plenty scalable, there are no issues there. We have tens of thousands of users. To maintain it we have about a two headcount minimum, up to ten thousand a count. After that probably two headcounts for every ten thousand count.

Everybody's technical support isn't great so it's as good as anybody else's.

We also use CyberArk which I believe is the best of all the options.

The initial setup was straightforward. The time it takes to deploy depends more on the client. If the requirements are clear then we can go from zero to production in probably four to six weeks.

The pricing for Lieberman is cheaper than the others that are in the market. The licensing is complicated but a lot of the privileged accounts are.

We compared a lot of the available solutions, almost all of them. CA has one and we also looked at Thycotic Secret Server. The one thing they have over CyberArk is that CyberArk is more expensive. The only reason I see any of my clients choosing Lieberman over the other product is because, in most cases, it's cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to make sure that you validate your use cases during the sales process. Make sure that you're going to have the capability that you need.

I would rate this solution a six and a half out of ten.